Service Issues

Two utility workers examining underground pipeThe District knows how important it is to have reliable utility services. If you are experiencing service issues, such as low water pressure, frozen meters, or suspect that you are experiencing a service issue, please call our customer service representatives at (419) 354-9090, option 2.

If you have a water or sewer problem and require emergency water service after hours, please call your county Sheriff’s office:

Boil Advisory

A boil advisory may be issued for several reasons:

  • Loss of water pressure
  • Water line break
  • Construction work

While not common, it can happen.

If an advisory is issued:

  • The District will post a notice on the homeowner’s door
  • Contact through our calling system, CodeRed

We urge you to keep your information updated by visiting our page on CodeRED. Visit our Water Facts page for information on what to do during a boil advisory.

Frozen Meters

Meters are located either outside in a pit or inside a customer’s home.

If the meter is located in a pit:

  • It’s the responsibility of The District to make sure that the meter is properly sealed so it doesn’t freeze.

If the meter is located inside of your home or garage:

  • It’s your responsibility to make sure it doesn’t freeze
  • The customer is responsible for the cost of a new meter if it does freeze or break
  • The cost varies depending on the size of the meter