Friday, August 31, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
District Receives Auditor of State Award
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio, – A recent financial audit of The Northwestern Water and Sewer District (The District) by the Auditor of State’s office has returned a clean audit report. The District’s excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award.
“Our mission states we are committed to sound financial management. This is a great way of showing our customers that our team is fiscally responsible for the clean, safe water we deliver and treat,” District President, Jerry Greiner said.
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records