Monday, March 16, 2020
To our District customers and employees, As we, at The Northwestern Water and Sewer District, are monitoring the ever-changing climate of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you that our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and the employees who provide and treat safe, clean water.
Water and Sewer Service
During this time, we are planning no disruptions to water or sewer service. We are currently not shutting off any service due to non-payment, however, those amounts are still due. If you anticipate financial problems, contact or customer service department to make payment arrangements. If a water leak occurs, our staff is available 24/7/365 if you need assistance.
Our Commitment to Employee Safety
- All essential water and sewer operators will report directly to their facilities and work in isolated settings, to protect their safety. No visitors are permitted at these facilities.
- All non-essential meetings, events, and travel have been canceled or postponed.
- Enhanced cleaning & sanitization plan for our facilities including our WaterSheds are in place.
- Encouraging social distancing, no handshakes, etc.
- We remain flexible with our employees who have children and grandchildren not attending school and if daycare is not available.
Visitors to The District
While our water and sewer facilities are closed to the public, our main District office remains open at this time. We will rely on information provided by our state and county officials and the CDC to determine the best courses of action going forward. We encourage our visitors to pay online or sign up for automatic withdrawal from their accounts. There is also a payment box to drop off your payments in front of our main office.
Our WaterShed facilities are open 24/7. The District has increased the cleaning and sanitation of our WaterShed Units.
Water and sewer services are essential during this pandemic. Contact us at (419) 354-9090 during regular business hours. Email us
If you are experiencing a water or sewer emergency and need to reach us after hours, please call your county Sheriff’s office:
Wood County (419) 354-9091, and choose option 9
Hancock County (419) 422-2424 (McComb)
Henry County (419) 592-8010
A dispatcher will notify The District’s on-duty personnel. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time and will update you should things change.
Jerry Greiner President