Our WaterShed locations are walk-up buildings owned by the Northwestern Water and Sewer District. They use a reverse-osmosis process to provide great-tasting purified drinking water at a low price: $.25 per gallon or $1 for 5-gallons.
The District saw a need in the rural communities for purified drinking water filling stations for people using well systems. Since then their popularity has grown and so have our number of locations.
The 9 Step Process
Ion exchange water softening
1 micron filtration
Granular activated carbon filtration
5 micron pre-filter
Ultra violet sterilization
Solid block carbon filtration
Final ultra violet sterilization
How Much Is It?
Anyone can use The WaterShed! The WaterShed dispenses drinking water in 1 and 5 gallon quantities (you provide the container) for $.25 a gallon.
How to Sanitize Your Water Container
Use household liquid bleach that does not have an added scent (like lemon).
Add 1 teaspoon (64 drops or 5 milliliters) of household liquid bleach to 1 quart
(32oz, 4 cups, or about 1 liter) of water.
Pour this into a clean storage container and shake well, making sure that the solution coats the entire inside of the container.
Let sit at least 30 seconds, and then pour out solution.
Let air dry or rinse with clean water that has already been made safe, if available.
- Northwestern Water & Sewer District Headquarters, 12560 Middleton Pike, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Northwood, 1740 S. Wheeling Street in the Frisch’s Big Boy parking lot.
- Bowling Green – Northeast corner of Haskins and Poe Road
- Bowling Green – 989 South Main Street- former Watermill Express
- Fostoria Plaza – Plaza Drive-US 23/SR 199, Fostoria
- Fostoria – 622 Lytle Street, Fostoria, – Legacy Petroleum
- Village of Custar – 9110 Custar Road-across from the American Legion
- McClure – 2926 US 6, McClure, OH 43534
- Stony Ridge – Fremont Pike-Former Township Bldg.
- Bloomdale -located at the village’s water tower
- McComb – located in the Village park near SR 613 & SR 235
- Walbridge – 108 N. Main Street, Walbridge, Ohio in the library parking lot
- Watershed at Obe’s – 20051 W River Rd, Grand Rapids, OH 43522
- All locations are open 24-hours per day, 7-days per week.