Bulk Water Stations
Northwestern Water & Sewer District understands the need for quality potable water in rural areas beyond the reach of existing water lines. To help fill this need, The District has installed a number of bulk water stations throughout the region where customers can buy water in bulk to fill tanks or cisterns. The District’s bulk water stations primarily supply commercial and agricultural users with thousands of gallons of water to be hauled for use in filling pools, cisterns, construction use, and farming. Water haulers can contact The District at 419-354-9090 Option 2 or email@example.com to set up an account.
NEW BULK WATER DISPENSING UNITS COMING IN 2021
This year, The District will upgrade all of its bulk water stations. Users will soon be able to access bulk water with a user-friendly pin pad, instead of the current plastic access card tracking system. Stations may also undergo various maintenance upgrades during construction. The District estimates it will take nine months for the changeout of all stations based on equipment availability.
To use the new dispensing unit:
- Enter your user # – press enter
- Enter the PIN # – press enter (same number for both entries).
- Enter the quantity of water you will be dispensing (50 gallons is the minimum amount).
- Enter pump #1,
- Turn the switch to ON. The pump will shut off automatically once your quantity of water is dispensed.
- Please turn the switch back to the OFF position
BULK WATER LOCATIONS
To buy drinking water in bulk, please visit one of these bulk water station locations:
- 12560 Middleton Pike, Bowling Green, Ohio (at The District’s Operation Facility) | Open May through October
- 15150 Tontogany Road, Bowling Green, Ohio (at the Wood County Landfill) | Open 24/7
- 23613 1/2 Lemoyne Road, Lemoyne, Ohio (at Luckey Farmers Grain Elevator) | Open May through October
- Corner of Country Road N & State Route 108, Napoleon, Ohio | Open 24/7
- 18290 Deshler Road, North Baltimore, Ohio (at the CSX water tower) | Open 24/7
- 13100 Bays Road, Rudolph, Ohio (at the Bays Road water tower) | Open 24/7
- 12805 Van Tassel Road, Weston, Ohio (at the water tower) | Open 24/7
SAFE POTABLE WATER
Water from our bulk water stations is safe for personal uses such as filling pools, filling cisterns. It is also available for commercial and agricultural use. The water stations employ modern technology and safe equipment such as backflow prevention devices to protect against contamination during filling and loading.
SAFE OFF-ROAD ACCESS FOR TRUCKS & TRAILERS
Each bulk water dispensing site has been chosen to provide safe access for large trucks and trailers. The driveway at each site is designed to handle farm trucks, trailers, and tractor trailer tankers with plenty of driveway turning radius.
BUY WATER IN BULK
WOOD COUNTY: Water costs $10.00 per 1,000 gallons purchased. Quantities less than 1,000 gallons will be billed at $10.00.
HENRY COUNTY: Water costs $12.00 per 1,000 gallons purchased. Quantities less than 1,000 gallons will be billed at $12.00.
EASY TO USE
Water is purchased from the bulk water stations using one of the District’s plastic access cards. Simple and easy to use, the card is similar to a bank’s ATM card, with a PIN number to ensure safe, secure access. The same card can be used at all locations.
- Your account will be billed monthly,
with all bills due by the middle of the
following month. Wood County Bulk water is due around the 8th of every month. Henry County Bulk Water is due around the 20th of the month.
- Accounts will be billed a late fee if paid past the due date.
- A one-time setup fee of $8.00 per card will be billed the first month. The District is in the process of upgrading all dispensing units to dispense using a pin code. Once we have the new pin code system in place on all machines, The District will no longer charge the $8 fee for the bulk water card.