***During the COVID-19 health crisis, The District has increased disinfecting efforts at all of our WaterShed locations***
Our WaterShed locations are stand-alone buildings owned by the Northwestern Water and Sewer District. They have a reverse-osmosis and provide great tasting purified drinking water at a low price: $.25 per gallon or $1 for 5-gallons. Over ten-years ago, The District saw a need in the rural communitites for purified drinking water for those using well systems. Since then their popularity has grown and so have our number of locations.
The 9-step ProcessWaterShed
- Ion exchange water softening
- 1 micron filtration
- Granular activated carbon filtration
- 5 micron pre-filter
- Reverse osmosis
- Ultra violet sterilization
- Sub-micron filtration
- Solid block carbon filtration
- Final ultra violet sterilization
Where are they Located?
All 10 WaterShed locations are listed here and can be viewed on the map up:
- Northwestern Water & Sewer District Headquaters, 12560 Middleton Pike, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Northwood, 1740 S. Wheeling Street in the Frisch’s Big Boy parking lot.
- Bowling Green – Northeast corner of Haskins and Poe Road
- Bowling Green – 989 South Main Street- former Watermill Express
- Fostoria Plaza – Plaza Drive-US 23/SR 199, Fostoria
- Village of Custar – 9110 Custar Road-across from the American Legion
- McClure – 2926 US 6, McClure, OH 43534
- Stony Ridge – Fremont Pike-Former Township Bldg.
- Bloomdale -located at the village’s water tower
- McComb – located in the Village park near SR 613 & SR 235
- Walbridge – 108 N. Main Street, Walbridge, Ohio in the library parking lot
All locations are open 24-hours per day, 7-days per week. WaterShed Test Results as of June 16, 2016.
How much is it?
Anyone can use The WaterShed! The WaterShed dispenses drinking water in 1 & 5 gallon containers (you provide) for $.25 a gallon.
How to sanitize your water container:
- Use household liquid bleach that does not have an added scent (like lemon).
- Add 1 teaspoon (64 drops or 5 milliliters) of household liquid bleach to 1 quart (32oz, 4 cups, or about 1 liter) of water.
- Pour this into a clean storage container and shake well, making sure that the solution coats the entire inside of the container.
- Let sit at least 30 seconds, and then pour out solution.
- Let air dry OR rinse with clean water that has already been made safe, if available.